Infracon 2019 – Barcelona

Anyone going to this?

Infracon 2019 – Barcelona

The Infracon Open Day invites technology groups, NGOs, organized civil society and media in Barcelona to discuss technology solutions for self-determination and autonomy on the Internet. Register your participation below!

Infracon – is a global conference for independent Internet service providers working on solutions for autonomous infrastructure. eQualitie and Pangea are bringing together several dozen organizations including Guifi.net, Greenhost, RiseUp, LEAP, Autistici, GreenNet, Colnodo, CodigoSur, AlterMundi, APC, MayFirst among others, to work together on common web platforms, authentication systems and network solutions – creating viable alternatives to the corporate cloud.

https://equalit.ie/infracon/

Duh. I’m always surprised to discover that kind of stuff so late in the game. What channels are they using to communicate, that it only comes here one week before? I’ve met most of these people, and probably many of you did as well.

I’m afraid I have no idea.

I’d like to send a message there, because obviously they missed the birth of Librehosters. I hope someone from our network is able to go there and participate. I might go there myself but I’d prefer not going alone, and especially not going unprepared.

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, missed this as well! I checked travel late but just a little too expensive …

I see a bunch of nice things in the past (no links just now) coming out of Barcelona and would definitely like to know what further channels to lurk to stay in the loop!

How to make these connections!?

Tambien quisiera practicar mi castellano :slight_smile:

I have a few friends at the meeting. The program sounds boring. But the people present are definitely a good match. And it’s a pre-flight for IFF. Anyone going to IFF is likely to meet the people from this meeting. If anyone here wants to go anyway, you should send an email to one of the people responsible (PM me for email).

So apparently Infracon is now InfraRed, it sounds really great but as I asked on the CoTech forum:

What does joining entail, what commitments in terms of work, time or money are involved? How are decisions made? Who else are members? What are the shared projects? All the talk about communication, transparency and collaboration sounds great but where is it?

You tell 'em @chrisc :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I sent them a email two weeks ago answering the questions they ask as part of the membership application process:

• About: when founded, the size, etc.
  • Who uses or is supported by your infrastructure
  • Tools, services or types of access provided through your infrastructure
  • Sustainability model: donations, fee-for-service, grants, etc.
  • Technology: what technology is important to what you do?
  • Challenges: what is hard for the org right now?
  • Strengths: What do you think your group does well?
  • Contact: This same contact will be used for subscription to the main e-mail list

So far I haven’t even had an acknowledgement of the email…

1 Like

Petites Singularités joined InfraRed recently, invited by APC. Once you have joined you have access to all documentation and processes of the network. As I mentioned elsewhere, Librehosters have a more public process and EU-centered core, otherwise both groups share similar concerns. We’re going to meet at CCCamp19…

1 Like