As discussed in today’s meeting (notes here), I created a Liberapay Team for the librehosters. When I invited @perflyst, he pointed out that it was actually supposed to be a Community instead. After creating that, I found that anyone could join with the click of a button and there was no mechanism to remove them. It was already agreed that the network doesn’t want to take donations as a whole, that it would be better to receive them on individuals’ pages. However, there isn’t a way to prevent the team from receiving donations or the members from claiming them.
That leaves us with three options that I can see:
- Keep the community that anyone can join and just deal with it
- Keep the team and either:
- State that we don’t want donations in the description
- Revise our previous consensus, take donations, and discuss how to divvy them up
- Don’t have a presence on Liberapay ¯\(ツ)/¯
I’ve linked to them above but I’ll do so down here as well.