Questions about the librehost.json

Hello all,

I have a few questions about librehost.json and hope this fits in this category.

1. what is the difference between the variable @type and organizationType?
  2. are there any defaults for the two above? I don’t really know where to categorize there.
  3. how should be the size of the logo?
  4. what is the difference between tagLine and description
  1. @type is either individual or organization, and organizationType gives more precision about the type of organization, e.g., non-profit association or cooperative or company, etc.

2. There are no defaults, you may look into existing librehost.json files as they appear at https://libreho.st

3. size of the logo should be reasonable, that is, something like a PNG or SVG that goes into a 512x512 square/circle for example. Again, it’s best to have a look at what others are providing. See especially groups: they range from 96x96 to 480x480. Try finding the best size to quality to filesize ratio.

4. tagLine is the (one-line) motto of your organization (e.g., Best hoster in town), while description offers a longer form (e.g., We’re a friendly cooperative based in our hacklab in Utopia offering free and paying services.)

As a rule of thumb, have a look at other librehost.json and start from there.

thank you for your answer

I am none of these, I am a single person providing services.

also here I have not found anything to categorize me

Then you should use @type: individual and in organizationType set whether you’re doing this for profit or not.

What categories are you missing?

All those registered so far are probably associations or similar. In the German region, I know a lot of lone fighters.

This is not the case, we do have some individuals. One of the interests is to be able to share knowledge and time together. Once you’re not a lone fighter anymore, your system becomes much more reliable by addressing the bus factor.