Introductions thread!

Howdy,

I am the one man band behind Nomagic, a limited company registered in the UK which hosts a number of free and non-free services (as in free beer), currently wrapping up its catalogue and infrastructure before starting to advertise (hopefully soon).

I host everything at Hetzner in Germany on a dedicated server running Proxmox and about 40 LXC containers, waiting for more users to get into clustering.
I am also a member of French chaton Alolise using a similar infrastructure.
Nomagic became a chaton last year and my main contribution so far was to help translating the manifesto and charters in English (with my loved one).

I am hoping that librehosters will help Nomagic visibility in the UK.

I am no developer, but I do raise issues and am eager to push in the right direction when I see an opportunity (like on flarum project, a promising alternative to Discourse that does not require docker and for which I managed to bring together 2 willing developers to get a first LDAP plugin up and running :joy: ).

Looking forward to be part of Librehoster and hopefully contribute in some way!

3 Likes
split this topic #23

2 posts were split to a new message: Typo on NoMagic

Hello!

I’m Jonah and I’m the admin at privacytools.io. We provide a list of software recommendations to protect your privacy online, and recently we’ve started hosting a growing variety of services including Mastodon, Searx, WriteFreely, and PrivateBin with more to come.

We’ve gotten a couple requests to join Librehosters and recommend you all on our site so I figured I’d make our introduction here to get started!

6 Likes