pre-FOSDEM 19 gathering - 1 February in Brussels

Hi everyone. Next opportunity to meet IRL is going to be at FOSDEM, as many of you are planning to come to Brussels for that event.

I propose to take care of the organization, as I’m on the spot and my fellow fellow Brusselers @how and @natacha are probably quite busy with organizing the decentralized internet room that’s going to happen on Saturday.

We can probably meet at the space where I work (to be confirmed) which is close to midi station, from on 14:00.
As I understand so far people might not be able to arrive very early. It would be good to get an overview of who is planning to come and when you’ll arrive.
I’ll put a wiki-post here under for organization. If you are planning to attend, please add your name and arrival time when you know it. We can use the afternoon and/or the evening.

If you can’t come but would like to participate in a voip meeting you could also let us know here.
(voip might not be the thing we want for this meeting. we might discuss planning regular voip sessions)

We could add the meeting as a fosdem fringe event

2 Likes

This a wiki post. Click “Edit” and add your contribution.

The librehosters network meeting is a FOSDEM 2019 fringe event and takes place on

:calendar: February 1st, 2019

at:

:globe_with_meridians: Atelier d’Émile, Rue Émile Féron 106, Saint-Gilles

Who is going to be at the Brussels gathering February 1st? When?

• Agnez - 14:00
  • hotzeplotz - arriving at Midi station by 12:30
  • Pierre - maybe Thursday evening
  • Jon - Midi 13:35
  • realitygaps - Midi ~15:35
  • hellekin - might be coming to Gare du Midi and catch Jon there
  • comzeradd - Midi ~14:00
  • fredux - 14:00 (with the beamer)
  • a9i - Brussels Central Station ~11:30

What should we get done at this meeting?

• governance
  • charta
  • FAQ

Logistics

• Drinks, biscuits, chips etc: agnez
  • projector: Fredux
  • jabra conferencing equipment for voip : realitygaps will probably bring that

Welcome @comzeradd! Are you able to attend the Librehosters meeting prior to FOSDEM?

Thanks! I can be there. I edited the post to add my name.

I’m personally interested in discussing these topics:

• financing libre.sh
  • governance of libre.sh
  • presentation of libreho.st for Saturday

I know that discussing goveranance of libreho.st itself is more important :slight_smile:
I just would like to start to seek funds for the project, and I’d love to discuss this with you. We can timebox libre.sh to 30min also, I’d be happy already.

@hotzeplotz I think you are tasked with finding a nice café nearby the station (not IN the station) on the way to @agnez’s workplace so that we can join you there before 14:00, then we can all move to the meeting place when Agnez tells us.

I think it’s good that @yala can push some content to Fosdem presentation - 30min prior to the meeting so we can have something to discuss.

:+1: Still a few days for NGI0 discovery. Did some of you apply yet?

1 Like

thats’s good. I’m doing some armchair research for that in the meanwhile :smile:

@agnez where about are you based, so i can look for pre-meeting cafés keeping in mind that whoever hangs around there needs to move on easily to the space you suggest?

Where can I apply to what? I’m ready :slight_smile:

@hotzeplotz, the meeting is here.
I might be able to be there earlier so that you don’t need a coffee stop, but can’t promise. I’ll send a message to @how 20 min before arriving, can also post it here if it’s useful …

If you search for a place where to eat: Entre Nous.

A nice café is La Vieille Chéchette, but it’s a bit further than our meeting spot.

2 Likes

https://nlnet.nl/discovery and https://nlnet.nl/PET.

Yeah but NLnet just care about NixOS and not about kubernetes…

It should not be about NixOS or NLnet, but about preparing NGI. So try and we’ll see.

After the meeting I’ll bring the people who stay at home, at home, have dinner, then a beer at Le Barboteur before heading to fukami’s party.

1 Like

I’m starting a pad for today at https://pad.libreho.st/pre-fosdem-19-gathering