Gathering to discuss values, governance, criteria and process

Meeting Achievements

Seven people met in Brussels during the week-end and discussed Librehosters values, on-boarding/leaving processes, and self-reflection. This report concludes the meeting with a consensus from the people present. It forms a proposal to all the Librehosters. These texts are not final: this is an open invitation to further participation both online and at upcoming live meetings.

Gitlab Issue #7

@how says: I apologize for the aggressive tone I used to address the Feneas people in this issue. I realize that, as a founding member of the Librehosters network, my personal expression in this context reflects on the public perception of the whole Librehosters network, and this was detrimental to how people perceive the Librehosters network. This week-end’s work contributes to avoiding such situations in the future as it marks a step to enact our values and set boundaries to acceptable behavior.

Commitments, Policies and Processes

The main outcome of the meeting is the Commitments, Policies & Processes document that fleshes out the Librehosters values and introduces proposals to be debated with the members.

We encourage all members to read and discuss this text so it can be adopted by the next meeting. This CPP document is addressed to organisational members of the network.

Code of Conduct

Beyond the CPP document, we feel that a code of conduct is necessary to address not only network members, but also any individual participant using the libreho.st communication channels and attending related events.

We have a proposal to adopt a code of conduct inspired from the IFF CoC, which we found carefully written not to allow its use against the people it aims to protect.

Care Team

With the code of conduct also comes the requirement to create a Care team to handle related incidents. We have not defined yet how this team will work beyond what is stated in the code. If you’d like to be part of the Care team, nominate yourself in the linked topic.

Follow-ups

Other topics were discussed and require further discussion:

These topics further advance the completion of the CPP.

4 Likes