Continuing the discussion from Gathering to discuss values, governance, criteria and process:
This topic defines and discusses the processes to join and leave the network.
1. Voluntary self-removal
- Hoster announces intention with a Merge Request to remove their organization
- 1 month cool down period
- mention of removal request at monthly meeting
2. Break of commitments
Incident process provoked: When the outcome of the incident process concludes a break of commitment by a member, this member is removed.
3. End of member’s service
It may happen that a member’s service cannot continue, e.g., when the member goes out of business, dies, or for any other reason that leaves their users without service.
- Evaluation of actual situation (active contact? Friendly or not?)
- Tag: dead-end
- Evaluation of “user recovery” to transit users to one or more members
- Go through incident process